Here’s a compliment for you, you, and you.
Giving a compliment can really brighten someone’s day but giving them 50 compliments can give them all the power in the world.
There are much lesser known and underrated holidays around the world but March 1 was a day to be recognized. People all over the globe celebrated the most positive and uplifting holiday of them all — World Compliment Day … but it should be celebrated every day, if we’re being honest.
World Compliment Day was founded by Hans Poortvliet, a recognition professional from the Netherlands, who wanted to create a better world by having people compliment each other. His efforts proved to be successful and now many people recognize March 1 as a day of saying positive things to others to brighten their spirits.
You can start off by complimenting your parents on their cooking, a friend on her new hair, or a coworker on his outfit. But you don’t have to limit yourself to only complimenting people you know as a compliment to a stranger on the subway can greatly improve a bad day they’re having. Don’t forget to compliment your bus driver, cashier, or banker for their efforts either. You never know how far a small act of kindness can go!
Receiving a compliment can truly make someone feel special if they are having a bad day and it only takes one nice comment to make them smile. Nice and thoughtful comments can boost their self-esteem and build their self-love.
Here are 50 compliment quotes to remind you that you are a strong, gorgeous, and badass person. Take them in and then share them with others so they remember their worth, too.
1. You probably take someone’s breath away every day.
“You’re beautiful. Yes, you are, you’re very very beautiful. Extremely beautiful.” — Orson Welles
2. You are extremely valuable.
“You yourself, as much as anybody in the entire universe, deserve your love and affection.” — Buddha
3. Your authentic self is your best self.
“Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
4. You play an important role in someone’s life.
“If only you could sense how important you are to the lives of those you meet; how important you can be to people you may never even dream of. There is something of yourself that you leave at every meeting with another person.” — Fred Rogers
5. You are not defined by your failures.
“To establish true self-esteem we must concentrate on our successes and forget about the failures and the negatives in our lives.” — Denis Waitley
6. You are worth more than you think.
“Too many people overvalue what they are not and undervalue what they are.” — Malcolm S. Forbes
7. Don’t sweat the small stuff.
“Love yourself instead of abusing yourself.” — Karolina Kurkova
8. Your smile is worth the sun.
“Because of your smile, you make life more beautiful.” — Thich Nhat Hanh
9. You are just as intelligent as everybody else.
“Remember to be as smart as you are.” — Judd Nelson
10. Your confidence is admirable.
“Try your hardest to be confident in who you are. You are enough — you are beautiful.” — Meagan Tandy
11. You have the power to achieve your goals.
“The past cannot be changed. The future is yet in your power.” — Unknown
12. You are full of magic and talent.
“Your talent is God’s gift to you. What you do with it is your gift back to God.” — Leo Buscaglia
13. You have the potential to be the most powerful person on the planet.
“You are very powerful, provided you know how powerful you are.” — Yogi Bhajan
14. You are a beauty.
“If you held up 11 roses in front of the mirror, you’d be looking at 12 of the most beautiful things in the world.” — Unknown
15. You mean something to somebody.
“Only you, you’re the only thing I’ll see forever. In my eyes, in my words and in everything I do.” — West Side Story
16. You are a true friend.
“One loyal friend is worth ten thousand relatives.” — Euripides
17. Your silence does not equal intelligence.
“You’re not as dumb as you let people think you are.” — Unknown
18. A Beautiful personality beats a beautiful face any day.
“Your soul is beautiful.” — Unknown
19. Heroes come in all shapes and sizes.
“You’re more of a superhero than any Marvel character out there.” — Unknown
20. You’re a ball of sunshine.
“Some people are radiators — they make you feel warm when you’re around them.” — Unknown
21. Your existence has made someone’s life a little better.
“I wished for nothing beyond her smile, and to walk with her thus, hand in hand, along a sun-warmed, flower-bordered path.” — Andre Gide
22. You’re somebody’s rock.
“Whenever I have a tough day, I remember you and it gives me strength and hope.” — Unknown
23. You make someone feel all type of ways.
“When I see you, everything else within the frame falls away.” — Unknown
24. You exude happy days and unicorns.
“You make me forget the bad parts of my day.” — Unknown
25. A great listener is a true friend.
“Within seconds of talking to you, I feel better.” — Unknown
26. How can you possibly carry around the extra weight?
“Your heart must be ten times the average size.” — Unknown
27. A great role model is a great leader.
“I want to grow into a person like you.” — Unknown
28. For all of your achievements…
“There should be a monument of you.” — Unknown
29. How can the world ever go on?
“I can’t quite fathom a world with you.” — Unknown
30. You have great fashion sense.
“Fashion is about dressing according to what’s fashionable. Style is more about being yourself.” — Oscar de la Renta
31. You’re are someone’s favorite.
“You are awesomeness personified.” — Unknown
32. Someone somewhere is getting flustered because of you.
“The very thought of you makes me feel warm and fuzzy.” — Unknown
33. You are meant to be here.
“I don’t know what I’d do without you. Actually.” — Unknown
34. You are literally the definition of sunnier days.
“Is there a day you haven’t made better?” — Unknown
35. Someone in the world is head over heels for you.
“The hours I spend with you, I look upon as sort of a perfumed garden, a dim twilight, and a fountain singing to it … you and you alone make me feel that I am alive … Other men, it is said, have seen angels, but I have seen thee and thou art enough.” — George Moore
36. You’re someone’s safety net.
“You’ve shown me what unconditional love feels like. Thank you for letting me experience what it feels like to find safety in another person.” — Unknown
37. You really know how to put in work.
“You’re accomplishing so much. Every day you are growing and evolving into a better, stronger version of who you were yesterday. You have already done so much in the time that I’ve known you. Your passion for life has encouraged me to dream bigger, love harder, and find beauty everywhere.” — Unknown
38. Your future looks amazing.
“I think you’d make a really great parent someday.” — Unknown
39. You make wearing heels look like a walk in the park.
“How can you live the high life if you do not wear the high heels?” — Sonia Rykiel
40. You’re that good of a friend.
“If you died or something happened to you, I would delete your browser history for you.” — Unknown
41. Sometimes one’s being is just enough.
“You’re my favorite person to talk to. I never get tired of hearing your voice, your stories. I always want more.” — Unknown
42. You’re unofficially Kanye approved.
“You’re the kind of person who could make even Kanye smile.” — Unknown
43. Kindness is always in fashion.
“You have impeccable manners.” — Unknown
44. A different viewpoint can be quite helpful and eye-opening.
“Your perspective is refreshing.” — Unknown
45. You are a selfless being.
“A superstar doesn’t just use the spotlight for themselves.” — Sasha Velour
46. All someone needs is that one friend.
“You’re an awesome friend.” — Unknown
47. Laughter really makes bonds stronger.
“You have a great sense of humor.” — Unknown
48. What’s more than 100 percent? You.
“On a scale from 1 to 10, you’re an 11.” — Unknown
49. A person’s hair can really represent what type of person they are.
“Your hair looks stunning.” — Unknown
50. Lastly, the biggest compliment of them all…
“You’re perfect. You’re beautiful. You look like Linda Evangelista. You’re a model.” — Aja, RuPaul’s Drag Race
If you’re searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) … look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious friendship truths, we’ve got you covered.
Amy Le is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.