A strong woman looks a challenge in the eye and gives it a wink. — Gina Carey
For the longest time I struggled with the concept of being a boss. I mean, me? A boss? At first it sounded like an unreachable goal but I soon realized everyone should strive to be the best they can be.
I think a lot of it has to do with being a woman in a society that doesn’t necessarily always favor us. For example, a man and woman can be doing the same thing but a man is the boss and a woman is just bossy.
But it’s a new year, so why go back to the old you? It’s your time to shine! You are THE boss, never forget that.
Boss people have a sense of confidence and awareness about where they stand in this world. From my work life to my romantic life, the times I didn’t identify as a boss woman I let people walk all over me.
I let people take advantage of me because I didn’t know my own worth. I thought I had to please everyone in order to fit in or have people like me. But my purpose in this life isn’t to live it for other people, and neither is yours. Some people are offended by that.
The truth is it’s impossible to please everybody. The most you can do is make yourself happy. You have to take ownership of your own life. Do you. Sure, it’s intimidating, especially when you’re taught to always do things for other people, but it’s worth it.
So if you need of a little inspiration about being a boss person, check out these quotes for a little pick-me-up.
1. Being a boss means you’re ready for new adventures.
“If you’re too comfortable, it’s time to move on. Terrified of what’s next? You’re on the right track.” — Susan Fales Hill
2. It means more than one role.
“Sometimes you gotta be a beauty and a beast.” — Nicki Minaj
3. Remember that being a boss means figuring out success.
“Know that you can start late, look different, be uncertain and still succeed.” — Unknown
4. Bosses do everything at once.
“You can find me somewhere in between inspiring others, working on myself, dodging negativity, and slaying my goals.” — Unknown
5. You can do anything you set your mind to.
“Anything’s possible if you’ve got enough nerve.” — J.K. Rowling
6. You’re limitless.
“You are braver than you believe, stronger than you seem and smarter than you think.” — A.A. Milne
7. Bosses accomplish their endgame.
“Starve your distractions and feed your focus.” — Unknown
8. Bosses don’t wait for someone to change the rules, they write them.
“Be the game changer.” — Unknown
9. Your time is always occupied.
“I’m building a brand, I’m always busy.” — Unknown
10. Bosses respect themselves and never settle.
“When you learn how much you’re worth, you’ll stop giving people discounts.” — Helen Keller
11. Bosses are goal oriented.
“Goal: To make an income while making an impact.” — Unknown
12. You’re work harder than the rest.
“Be so good they can’t ignore you.” — Steve Martin
13. Bosses stand their ground.
“Blossoming into a badass woman with more faith than fear.” — Unknown
14. You’re stronger than you know.
“There is no force more powerful than a woman determined to rise.” — Unknown
15. Bosses make their own decisions.
“I am not what happened to me. I am what I choose to become.” — Unknown
16. Make your dreams become a reality.
“One day or day one. You decide.” — Unknown
17. As Demi Lovato sings, “What’s wrong with being confident?”
“Confidence has no competition.” — Unknown
18. In the end, there’s no competition to be won anyway.
“There is no competition because nobody can be me.” — Unknown
19. Find your crew, your ride or dies.
“Spoil me with loyalty, I can finance myself.” — Unknown
20. Apologize when you’re wrong but not about this.
“Never apologize for being a powerful fucking woman.” — Unknown
21. Boss women, you got this.
“If they say ‘It’s impossible’ remember that it’s impossible for them; not for you.” — Unknown
22. Never feel guilty for anything you’ve earned.
“It is okay for me to have everything I want.” — Unknown
23. Show everyone what you’re made of.
“Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
24. Bosses dream big and work harder.
“You can’t have a million dollar dream with a minimum wage work ethic.” — Stephen C. Hogan
25. You will blow everyone away, it’s what boss people do.
“She was not fragile like a flower. She was fragile like a bomb.” — Unknown
26. For those who say you can’t, tell them…
“Actually, I can.” — Unknown
27. The limit does not exist.
“A wise girl knows her limits, a smart girl knows she has none.” — Marilyn Monroe
28. Boss women never have excuses.
“Be stronger than your excuses.” — Unknown
29. Always start a revolution.
“Well behaved women rarely make history.” — Unknown
30. There’s no losing when you’re the boss.
“I never lose. I either win or learn.” — Unknown
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, we’ve got the best quotes to share and savor. For quotes from the most inspiring celebs, activists, and poets, look no further! You might even find the quote that motivates the best parts of your life (and love!) forever.
Isabella Ong is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.