They don’t call it Hump Day for nothing.
There are two types of people in the world: People who welcome Wednesdays with open arms and those who side-eye the day. There’s really no inbetween.
Since 1965, people have referred Wednesday as “Hump Day” because it officially marks the middle of the week and that the weekend is nearing. Once you get to Hump Day, the week only seems to get better because the freedom of Friday feels so much closer. You just have to make it to the weekend so you don’t have to worry about your co-worker putting your stapler into jello or respond to the email labeled as “urgent” from Tuesday.
Wednesdays can put people through a lot of different emotions. For some, the week will feel like it’s going fast but for others, it’s going to feel like it’s dragging.
Congrats, you got through the first half of the week! But now you have to get through the rest of it, you feel me? It’s a love-hate relationship.
Wednesdays also mark the return of cult-favorite shows like Riverdale so you can count on Jughead to accompany you as you grub on your dinner plate. Or better yet, you can reward yourself to some Happy Hour drinks and mentally prepare yourself for the next two days.
No matter what field you work in or how your week is going, everyone experiences the same emotions on a Wednesday. It might be at different times of the day, but you’ll definitely feel the pain or happiness of Wednesday (or both).
Here are 25 memes that perfectly describe your emotions on Hump Day to get you through the day.
1. When you wake up and realize it’s Wednesday.
“I am here to wish you Happy Wednesday.”
2. …And realize Friday is only two days away.
“Dude I can see Friday from here.”
3. When your dog celebrates with you even though he doesn’t know why.
“When you realize it’s Wednesday.”
“Smile, it’s wonderful Wednesday.”
5. It’s time to break out the pink.
“On Wednesdays we wear pink.”
6. Or better yet, eat pizza.
“On Wednesdays we wear pizza.”
7. When your dog gets it.
8. When it’s not Friday.
“This is my ‘it’s only Wednesday’ face.”
9. When you get ahead of yourself…
“Though it was Thursday but it’s only Wednesday.”
10. …And really, really, really want to crawl under a rock.
“That moment when you think it’s Friday but it’s really Wednesday.”
11. When someone thinks it’s Tuesday.
“I find your lack of faith in Wednesday disturbing…don’t worry, the week is almost over.”
12. When your co-worker shares their TMI story about their infected toenail during lunch.
“Only one thing on her mind — homicide.”
13. When said co-worker asks why you have a disgusted look.
14. When reality finally sets in.
“It’s just Wednesday.”
15. When you need more coffee.
“Did you say it’s only Wednesday? Can I have more coffee please?”
16. When your boss asks how productive your Wednesday is.
“It’s Wednesday, but I want Friday.“
17. What goes through your mind all day.
“Tomorrow you’ll be saying hello from the other side of the work week.”
18. Hump. Day. Treats.
“I’m gonna make you a Hump Day treat.”
19. We’re all just trying to pull through.
“Keep going! You’re half-way to the weekend!”
20. You’re almost there!
“Wednesday: It’s almost, sorta, kind of, close to, just, about, nearly the weekend. Woo hoo!”
21. When it feels like day 11 on Survivor all day.
“What day is it?
22. When your boss asks you to stay late.
23. The only person who can get you through hump day.
“Hey girl, Happy Wednesday.”
24. When someone asks why you called in sick.
25. When you’re feeling yourself.
“It’s a Wednesday night, baby, and I’m alive.”
If you’re searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) … look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious friendship truths, we’ve got you covered.
Amy Le is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.