Lights, camera, action!
We all have a favorite movie that we can watch a million times and still love.
Admit it, you probably quote that movie a lot. A lot of people even quote popular lines from movies they haven’t seen. Those lines are just a part of pop culture and we all somehow know them whether we’ve seen the movies they’re from or not.
Like many people, I’m a big movie lover. I love going to the movies and seeing them on the big screen or just watching movies alone in my room. Movies are such a fun escape from reality. You get to dive into someone else’s world for about 2 hours and they almost always have a happy ending (almost).
Good movies can even change your perspective on life or inspire you. There’s really a movie out there for every type of person and any type of mood you’re in.
My favorite genre of movies is comedies or rom-coms. I enjoy lighthearted movies and I love to laugh. I’m currently trying to watch all the famous, well-known movies that I’ve never seen before and many of them are actually on this list.
Whether you’ve seen most of these movies or not, you’ll recognize a lot, if not all, of the movie quotes in this article. Here are 25 of the most classic and famous movie quotes you probably use more often than you think.
1. When you want to make an entrance.
“Here’s Johnny!” —The Shining
2. When you make a toast to the one you love.
“Here’s looking at you, kid.” — Casablanca
3. When you say bye to your friends.
“Hasta la vista baby.” — Terminator 2
4. When it’s payday.
“Show me the money.” — Jerry Maguire
5. When there’s a light at the end of the tunnel.
“You cry a little, and then you wait for the sun to come out. It always does.” — The Sound of Music
6. When you love Star Wars.
“May the force be with you.” — Star Wars
7. When you’re mad at someone.
“Nobody puts Baby in a corner.” — Dirty Dancing
8. When you feel like being cool.
“The name’s Bond… James Bond.” — Casino Royale
9. When there’s not enough space.
“You’re gonna need a bigger boat.” — Jaws
10. When you visit a new, exciting place.
“Toto, I’ve got a feeling we’re not in Kansas anymore.” — The Wizard of Oz
11. When people try to bargain with you.
“I’m going to make him an offer he can’t refuse.” — The Godfather
12. When something goes wrong.
“Houston we have a problem.” — Apollo 13
13. When the one you’re with makes you light up.
“From where I stand, the sun is shining all over the place.” — Singin’ in the Rain
14. When he doesn’t get the memo that you have feelings for him.
“I’m also just a girl standing in front of a boy asking him to love her.” — Notting Hill
15. When it’s time to train hard like a karate kid.
“Wax on. Wax off.” — The Karate Kid
16. When everything is going your way.
“I’m the king of the world.” — Titanic
17. When you need to have more confidence.
“Some people can never believe in themselves until someone believes in them.” — Good Will Hunting
18. When food is everything.
“Leave the gun. Take the cannoli.” — The Godfather
19. When life is unpredictable.
“Life is like a box of chocolates. You never know what you’re gonna get.” — Forrest Gump
20. When we start fresh every day.
“After all, tomorrow is another day.” — Gone with the Wind
21. When someone is really into you.
“Mrs. Robinson, you’re trying to seduce me. Aren’t you?” — The Graduate
22. When you come home after a long day.
“There’s no place like home.” — The Wizard of Oz
23. When we all need a little sweetness in our lives.
“Just a spoonful of sugar helps the medicine go down.” — Mary Poppins
24. When someone disrespects you.
“You talkin’ to me?” — Taxi Driver
25. When you feel like a cry baby.
“There’s no crying in baseball.” — A League of Their Own
If you’re searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) … look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious friendship truths, we’ve got you covered.
Lauren Margolis is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.