“I like stunnin’, I like shinin'” … (because who doesn’t?)
By Jason Pham
Cardi B is one of the most famous rappers out there right now. Why? Well, there’s a lot of reasons, many of which have led to her becoming the voice behind many of the most inspirational and motivational quotes out there on social media today.
Not only is she a female rapper who’s taking over the game, but she’s young, and came from humble beginnings, growing up in the Bronx as a young girl named Belcalis Marlenis Almanzar.
If you follow Cardi B on Instagram, Twitter, and/or Facebook, you might already know that she started off as an erotic dancer (aka stripper), that she survived a toxic relationship, and didn’t come from money, to put it mildly.
While she focused on her dancing career and wanted to stack up cash to buy property, Cardi B had other dreams of becoming a rapper.
Using her outrageous (and hilarious) personality, Cardi grew a huge following on Instagram, eventually becoming Insta-famous and making small appearances in local clubs.
Before she became the famous rapper she is today, Cardi got a big break by joining the cast of VH1’s reality show, Love & Hip Hop.
Her hilariously erratic behavior and frequent fights with the other contestants only earned her even more fame and love from fans.
After releasing two mix tapes and making appearances on TV shows and in magazines, Cardi’s smash song “Bodak Yellow”, became a huge hit, earning her nominations for both Best Rap Performance and Best Rap Song at the 60th Annual Grammy Awards, and winning Single of the Year at the 2017 BET Hip Hop Awards.
Since then, Cardi’s gone on to receive a total of seven Grammy Award nominations, three American Music Awards, three MTV Video Music Awards, nine BET Hip Hop Awards, and a Billboard Music Award.
So why do the quotes from Cardi B make some of the best Instagram captions you could find?
Well, her rags to riches story, fierce attitude, and ability to rise to the top simply make her the best!
There’s a reason everyone loves Cardi B: She gives the best quotes.
Whether she’s in an interview, ranting on her Instagram story or rapping on one of her songs, the 26-year-old — without fail — drops something worthy of an Instagram caption.
Unlike far too many other celebrities, Cardi is known for keeping it real, and her quotes are representative of exactly that.
So, in true Cardi B fashion, we’ve collected the 15 best of the best inspiration quotes and motivational lyrics from the “Bodak Yellow” rapper to make your Instagram captioning that much easier.
Whether you’re in need of a brilliant sound bite about self-love and confidence or something to shade the haters in your life, Cardi is here for you.
Read her 15 best, most inspiring quotes and lyrics below:
1. “I think us bad bitches is a gift from God.” — “I Do” Feat. SZA, Invasion of Privacy
2. “Knock me down nine times, but I get up 10. — “Get Up Ten”, Invasion of Privacy
3. “I don’t care about anyone not liking me. You bitches barely like yourselves.”
4. “Ain’t no more beefing. I’m just keeping to myself. I’m my own competition. I’m competing with myself.” — “Best Life” Feat. Chance the Rapper, Invasion of Privacy
5. “I’m an emotional gangster. I cry once every month.” — Love & Hip Hop
6. “Leave his texts on read. Leave his balls on blue.” — “I Do” Feat. SZA, Invasion of Privacy
7. “But being a feminist is real simple; it’s that a woman can do things the same as a man. Anything a man can do, I can do. I can finesse, I can hustle. We have the same freedom. I was top of the charts. I’m a woman and I did that. I do feel equal to a man.” — Interview with I-D
8. “I’m the rose that came from the concrete.” — “Best Life” Feat. Chance the Rapper, Invasion of Privacy
9. “Can’t be starting all these problems if you cannot solve them.” — “Foreva”, Gangsta Bitch Music, Vol. 1
10. “You better realize your worth and stop settling for bare minimum half ass shit.” — Interview with GQ
11. “I ain’t scared of s***. I will always speak on how I feel. I’ll be damned if fame and other people have me being a slave to my own thoughts.” — Interview with Cosmopolitan
12. “I’m not gettin’ involved with the hype. I’m too rich to get into a fight.” — “Drip” Feat. Migos, Invasion of Privacy
13. “Me: unbothered, moisturized, in my lane, well-hydrated, flourishing.” — Twitter
14. “I’m known for proving people wrong. Remember that.” — Facebook
15. “Once a guy has sex with you more than five times, he loves you.” — Interview with BET
Jason Pham is the Entertainment Editor at StyleCaster. Follow him on Twitter.
This article was originally published at Stylecaster. Reprinted with permission from the author.