Can we just skip February 14th all together?! Thanks.
If you’re like me and you’re really, really single, you probably hate Valentine’s Day. I’ve never had a romantic Valentine’s Day in my life. Because of that, it’s always been a day I’ve tried to avoid like the plague.
I used to love the cheesy holiday as a kid because as a child, Valentine’s Day was about love in general. It was a day to get candy from your classmates and cute little cards. My mom would come home with chocolate hearts for me and I’d help my dad pick out beautiful roses for my mom.
As we get older, V Day just becomes about couples, leaving us single peope to fend for ourselves. It’s strictly a day to distinguish who is in a relationship and who is single.
It’s the one day of the whole year that I wish I had someone. If you feel that way, just know you’re not alone.
There are millions of single people that will share your exact feelings about Valentine’s Day. Petition to replace Valentine’s Day with a second Thanksgiving, anyone?
The good news is that Valentine’s Day only lasts 24 hours and we’re about to get it over with!
This year, try to approach Valentine’s Day differently. Make it about love in genereal and use it as a time to show the people around you how much you love and care about them. The truth is, you don’t need a boyfriend or girlfriend to have love in your life.
Try to be a little more positive about Feb. 14 when it roll around. It may not feel like it, but you won’t be single forever. One day that perfect person will come into your life and make all the Valentine’s Days you spent eating chocolate alone worth it.
If you’re still dreading Thursday, February 14, that’s OK. Here are 50 relatable quotes about being single on Valentine’s Day to get you through the Hallmark holiday!
1. When you already know you’re beautiful.
“I don’t need to be in a relationship so that I can be told how beautiful, pretty and sexy I am. I already know that.” — Unknown
2. When you’re patiently waiting for the right one.
“Wait for the person who will do anything to be your everything.” — Unknown
3. When you don’t need a fancy dinner out.
“Roses are red, violets are blue, vodka is cheaper than dinner for two.” — Unknown
4. When you have a love/hate relationship with the single life.
“My life is just one constant battle between wanting to be alone, but not wanting to be lonely.” — Unknown
5. When your ex was a loser and you’re better off without him.
“Better to lose a lover than love a loser.” — Unknown
6. When the grass isn’t always greener on the other side.
“Not everyone who is single is lonely; not everyone who is taken is in love.” — Unknown
7. When you are your own valentine.
“Happy Valentine’s Day to myself. I love you.” — Unknown
8. When it’s better to be happy and alone than unhappy with someone else.
“If I’m not with somebody who really excites or inspires me, then I’d rather be by myself.” — Blake Lively
9. When he already has a new girl for Valentine’s Day.
“After a breakup, th loyal one stays single and deals with the damages until healed. The other one is already in another relationship.” — Unknown
10. When you only hate the holiday because you’re spending it alone.
“Valentine’s Day sucks: I’m only bitter about this because I’m single. If I was in a relationship I’d be hearts-and-candy-tastic. I assure you.” — Unknown
11. When everyone who is in a relationship is an idiot.
“You know that tingly little feeling you get when you like someone? That’s common sense leaving your body.” — Unknown
12. When it starts off good, but ends badly with someone.
“Love is like a box of chocolates. It’s sweet at first, and then you wanna puke.” — Unknown
13. When you don’t plan on rushing into anything.
“Too many girls rush into relationships because of the fear of being single, then start making compromises and losing their identity. Don’t do that.” — Katy Perry
14. When nobody exciting has come around yet.
“Stay single until someone actually compliments your life in a way that it makes it better to not be single. If not, it’s not worth it.” — Unknown
15. When you’re an independent woman who is stronger than most.
“It takes a strong person to remain single in a world that is accustomed to settling with anything just to say they have something.” — Unknown
16. When you know you deserve better than what’s currently out there.
“Someone said to me: ‘You’re too pretty to be single.’ I said: ‘No, I’m too pretty to be lied to, cheated on and played with.'” — Unknown
17. When your fridge is your valentine.
“I enjoy long, romantic walks to the fridge.” — Unknown
18. When Valentine’s Day is just a way to get more money out of us.
“Happy unimaginative, consumerist-oriented and entirely arbitrary, manipulative and shallow interpretation of romance day.” — Unknown
19. When imaginary boyfriends are better than real ones.
“My boyfriend is so handsome, looking all invisible and shit.” — Unknown
20. When you get awkward around every guy you find attractive.
“Single and ready to get nervous around anyone I find attractive.” — Unknown
21. When you’d rather not be bothered.
“I’m single, but I ignore people like I’m taken.” — Unknown
22. When love makes you sick.
“Love is in the air… try not to breathe.” — Unknown
23. When V Day makes you realize how single you are.
“Happy singles awareness day.” — Unknown
24. When you refuse to settle.
“People: ‘You’re going to end up alone because you’re too picky.’ Me: ‘You’re going to end up divorced because you settle for less.'” — Unknown
25. When you’re single and happy.
“Single and fabulous, exclamation point.” — Carrie Bradshaw
26. When you have more important things to do on February 14.
“Cheers to being single and ready to stay in bed and watch reruns and drink wine.” — Unknown
27. When you’re loyal to yourself.
“I like being single. I’m always there when I need me.” — Unknown
28. When you don’t need a boyfriend to tell you how to live.
“Instead of single as a status, I prefer independently owned and operated.” — Unknown
29. When you’re not in the mood for a boyfriend.
“I’m as single as a dollar and I’m not looking for change.” — Unknown
30. When you think Valentine’s Day is pointless.
“Cupid is stupid.” — Unknown
31. When you know nobody but yourself is getting you anything this year.
“I can already smell the roses I won’t be getting on Valentine’s Day and can already taste the chocolate I’ll be buying for cheap the next day.” — Unknown
32. When your soulmate is floating around somewhere.
“My soulmate is out there somewhere, pushing a pull door… I just know it.” — Unknown
33. When you are your own lover.
“Whatever. I’ll just date myself.” — Unknown
34. When being single means getting the bed all to yourself.
“Relationship status: sleeping in bed diagonally.” — Unknown
35. When it’s just any other regular day to you.
“People call it Valentine’s Day, I call it Thursday.” — Unknown
36. When you hate cupid with a passion.
“If you see Cupid, bitch-slap that little punk for me, will ya?” — Unknown
37. When you know how to treat yourself right.
“I’m not really single, I’m dating myself. I take me out to eat, I buy me clothes. I love me.” — Unknown
38. When Valentine’s Day comes around to kill your mood.
“it’s not that I hate Valentine’s Day… It’s just that it sucks all the fun out of being single.” — Unknown
39. When all the single people are in the same boat.
“I can’t wait for Valentine’s Day this year! Said no single girl ever.” — Unknown
40. When you haven’t met the one yet.
“I am single on Valentine’s Day because I have not yet met someone who can handle all of my awesome.” — Unknown
41. When the best part about the holiday is the sweets.
“Everyone’s posting all these anti-Valentine’s Day pictures and I’m just over here like ‘Lindor dark chocolate truffles will be 50% off on the 15th! wheeee!'” — Unknown
42. When you’re in love with food.
“I’m going to spend Valentine’s Day with my true love… food.” — Unknown
43. When you’re grateful you don’t have to partake in this meaningless “holiday.”
“Let’s celebrate not having to celebrate Valentine’s Day.” — Unknown
44. When you’re saving money this year.
“Box of chocolates: $10, flowers: $20, dinner and a movie: $40. Keeping your $70 on Valentine’s Day because you’re single: priceless.” — Unknown
45. When you’re looking forward to the day after Valentine’s Day more than anything.
“Screw Valentine’s Day, tomorrow is discount chocolate day!” — Unknown
46. When none of your options are worth it.
“Roses are red, violets are blue… I’d rather be single than be with you.” — Unknown
47. When being single kind of sucks.
“I am ready to admit that I hate being single.” — Unknown
48. When you think about how happy you’ll be when you find the one.
“I may be single now, but one day I will be taken and happy.” — Unknown
49. When everyone thinks you’re single because there’s something wrong with you.
“Yes I am currently single. No that doesn’t mean there is something wrong with me.” — Unknown
50. When relationships are overrated.
“I’m not just single. I’m in a long-term relationship with fun and freedom.” — Unknown
If you’re searching for the best quotes and memes to share with the people you love (or just want to feel inspired yourself) … look no further! From the sweetest love quotes, inspirational sayings, and hilarious friendship truths, we’ve got you covered.
Lauren Margolis is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.