Just the kind of motivation you need to get through today’s 8 hours.
Work is one of the few things in life that is inevitable for most of us. While financial gain is a huge benefit of working, we also tend to get bored or depressed if we aren’t being productive in some way.
Whether you love, hate or love/hate your job, there’s no denying that you draw at least some benefit, financial or otherwise, from dedicating 30-40 hours of your week to it.
The luckiest people on earth are those who work within their passion (and, of course, make money from it). Passion drives work and often results in the most successful outcome.
Even if you must start at the very bottom, it’s important to keep your goals at the forefront of your mind to motivate you while you work through the rough patches on the way to the top.
If you’re stuck in a job that feels like sandpaper rubbing against your eyeballs, it’s important to ask yourself this one question: is this a necessary step to where I want to end up?
If the answer is yes, then keep grinding! If it’s a no, you should do what you can to navigate your way onto the right track.
No matter your work situation, some days are inevitably more difficult than others. On the worst days, you might even lose sight of your goals. For days like those, I have a list of the best motivational quotes for work so you can make it through the day in one piece.
Some of these 39 quotes for work are meant to motivate you, and others are meant to make you giggle or make your daily issues seem a little bit less overwhelming. If you or a coworker is struggling with the daily grind, you might just need a quick pick-me-up to put you back on track for success. Hopefully, you can at least finish the work day feeling like you’ve accomplished something.
Here are 39 quotes to get you through today — that’s all you need to do right now!
1. Sometimes less-than-becoming words slip out (and it makes you feel better).
“Maybe swearing will help.”
2. Make sure you’re dedicating your time to something worthwhile.
“Do it with passion or not at all.”
3. Accomplish something today and be proud of it.
“You didn’t wake up today to be mediocre.”
4. You have total control.
“Almost every successful person begins with two beliefs: the future can be better than the present, and I have the power to make it so.”
5. Like money, for example.
“Good things come to those who hustle.”
6. More work = more money = more shopping.
“Work hard so you can shop harder.”
7. Remember that your hours of work add up.
“A little progress each day adds up to big results.”
8. Strive to be on the top.
“Hustle until your haters ask if you’re hiring.”
9. Work for what you want and make it a reality.
“You get what you work for, not what you wish for.”
10. You won’t feel “worky” every day, though.
“I’m not feeling very worky today.”
11. The road to success is probably paved with facepalms.
“You just have to take it one ‘are you f—ing kidding me’ at a time.”
12. But you should still keep your optimism through the setbacks.
“Being positive in a negative situation is not naive. It’s leadership.”
13. Put forth your best effort as much as possible.
“If you know you can do better … then do better.”
14. Work with a purpose: to be successful.
“Successful people are not gifted; they just work hard, then succeed on purpose.”
15. The Rock knows what’s up.
“Be humble. Be hungry. And always be the hardest worker in the room.” — Dwayne “The Rock” Johnson
16. Don’t listen to the haters; they’re usually your competition.
“The person who says it cannot be done should not interrupt the person doing it.”
17. You have to start somewhere, right?
“The expert in anything was once a beginner.”
18. Keep it to yourself until it speaks for itself.
“Don’t tell people your plans. Show them your results.”
19. If you’re too stressed, you might not be passionate about the work you’re doing.
“Working hard for something we don’t care about is called stress. Working hard for something we love is called passion.”
20. Then, one day, you’ll be someone else’s idol.
“Work hard until your idols become rivals.”
21. The pressure turns into an equal reward.
“The harder you work for something, the greater you’ll feel when you achieve it.”
22. It takes a ton of self-control to save, but it’s worth every fast-food meal you decided not to buy.
“Work until your bank account becomes a phone number.”
23. Make this one your motto.
“Be like a postage stamp. Stick to a thing till you get there.” – Josh Billings
24. Focus on what you spend all your time thinking about: it’s probably your passion.
“We become what we think about.”
25. You won’t do as well if you’re not satisfied.
“Pleasure in the job puts perfection in the work.” — Aristotle
26. Don’t stop if you’re nearing the top!
“I’ve worked too hard to quit now.”
27. There’s more to work than financial gain.
“Work isn’t to make money; you work to justify life.” — Marc Chagall
28. If you’re bad at something, make time to practice.
“It’s the will, not the skill.”
29. Good advice for leadership:
“Be the one who points out what is going right and helps out what is going wrong.”
30. Make a positive name for yourself that nobody can deny.
“Live in such a way that if someone spoke badly of you no one would believe it.”
31. Positivity really goes a long way.
“A bad attitude is like a flat tire. You can’t get very far until you change it.”
32. A motivational work quote for plant lovers:
“Let’s root for each other and watch each other grow.”
33. Don’t discount the value of your coworkers.
“You’re only as good as your team.”
34. Upward mobility is essential.
“Change is inevitable. Progression is a choice.” — Sonya Teclai
35. Someday, you’ll get the recognition you’re working for today.
“Work until you no longer have to introduce yourself.”
36. You’re worth more than you think you are.
“Know your worth, then add tax.”
37. Use your time wisely!
“Time is non-refundable. Use it with intention.”
38. Do something that you can be proud of!
“You make a living by what you get, but you make a life by what you give.”
39. Finally, don’t wait for opportunities to come to you. Make things happen for yourself.
“If opportunity doesn’t knock, build a door.”
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, we’ve got the best quotes to share and savor. For quotes from the most inspiring celebs, activists, and poets, look no further! You might even find the quote that motivates the best parts of your life (and love!) forever.
Emily is a freelance writer based in Colorado, USA. She is interested in politics, feminism, and psychology and enjoys photography and outdoor activities in her spare time.