But first, let me take a selfie.
In honor of National Selfie Day on June 21st, we’ve compiled a list of good captions for selfies to put against your perfect photo, no matter the occasion — whether traveling, hanging out with your partner, or rocking fierce makeup.
Celebrities always seem to have the best Instagram captions for selfies, so we’ve rounded up inspirational captions from iconic celebrities and even some of our favorite characters.
1. “Elegance is the only beauty that never fades.” — Audrey Hepburn
Meant for those selfies that are poised with classic beauty, and a confident demeanor.
2. “She leaves a little sparkle wherever she goes.” — Kate Spade
An iconic saying from an iconic woman. The late Kate Spade’s sense of sparkle and creativity will continue to inspire us to always be unique and standout.
3. “Too glam to give a damn.”
Because we all have those days where our makeup is on point, and no amount of stupid boys or petty drama will cause our mascara to run.
4. “Sometimes the greatest meals on vacations are the ones you find when Plan A falls through.” — Anthony Bourdain
Meant for those foodie selfies, hopefully halfway around the world. Inspired by the late Anthony Bourdain, always remember that life happens when we’re busy making plans. Sometimes the best things in life are the unexpected.
5. “A beautiful woman should break her mirror early.” — Baltasar Gracian
Or in other words, break her glass ceiling. Never let unrealistic expectations or hindering viewpoints ever stop you from being who you’re meant to be.
6. “Character. Intelligence. Strength. Style. That’s what makes beauty.” — Diane Von Furstenberg
More than your designer shoes and your size 2 waist, what defines you is who you are as a person and how you carry yourself. On those days of bold confidence, take that selfie and show the world who you truly are.
7. “I got it from my mama!”
Let’s be honest, who doesn’t love to share the spotlight of their selfie with their mamasita? The Kris to your Kim, an inseparable bond made for the camera.
8. “Some people are worth melting for.” — Olaf from Frozen
Because what’s more romantic than showing the world you and your beau snuggled up on the couch? Those selfies of true love deserve a quote cutesy enough to be said by a snowman in front of a burning fire.
9. “Nature is not a place to visit. It’s home.” — Gary Snyder
For those selfies taken in the great outdoors while admiring nature. Give your followers a story behind the selfie, whether traveling around the world or stepping foot in your own backyard.
10. “If you’re sad, add more lipstick.” — Coco Chanel
We all know how long it took to master the perfect liquid lip, and you know it looks ah-mazing, so show it off! And remember, in the word of Chanel, never underestimate the power of lipstick.
11. “I’m just a girl standing in front of a photo asking it to be Instagram-worthy.”
We’ve all been there: the lighting is spotty, our hair is wispy and not staying in place. It is too much to ask for our selfie to be perfect?
12. “If we were meant to stay put, we’d have roots instead of feet.” — Rachel Wolchin
For those selfie lovers who are off jet-setting half way around the world. Show off you’re new views whether hiking a mountainside or digging your toes in the sand
13. “Act natural.” — Ellen DeGeneres
In the most sarcastic way, of course. Always remember to let your giggling side out and not take life so seriously. Have fun, and enjoy.
14. “Style is a way to say who you are without having to speak.” — Rachel Zoe
Have a bold lip color, or an iconic jewelry statement piece? Let your style show who you are as a person, and be unapologetically yourself.
15. “I’m not an inspirational quote kind of person.” — Chrissy Teigen
We all love Chrissy Teigen and she all says what we’re all thinking, including those days where you just want to show off your clear skin or bomb eyeliner without being cheeky. Just post that selfie!
16. “What lies behind us and what lies before us are tiny matters compared to what lies within us.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
For those reflective selfies, show off your self-worth by letting the world know you see yourself as a bada** chick who’s got all the potential.
17. “B**** be prideful.” — @DiningwithSkyler
Especially during June pride-month, let the world know you support the LGBTQ community.
18. “You don’t get the a** you want by sitting on it.”
For those unapologetic gym photos, heck yeah you should post them! You worked hard for those buns of steel. Who knows? Maybe you’ll inspire someone to get their bums off the couch.
19. “Travel changes you. As you move through this life and this world, you change things slightly, you leave marks behind, however small. And in return, life — and travel — leaves marks on you.” — Anthony Bourdain
Share with the world the stories of your travels, whether selfied in the front seat of a jeep in the middle of an African safari or on a hotel balcony marveling at the most beautiful view. Inspire others to get out there and see the world.
20. “I may be bad, but I’m perfectly good at it.” — Rihanna
Especially after watching Rihanna in Oceans 8, channel your inner diva and somewhat shady bad girl demeanor.
21. “You can’t buy happiness, but you can buy ice cream. And that’s kind of the same thing.”
Post those shameless ice cream selfies this summer. It’s hot, and the sugar-rush is real. Hey, if Shailene Woodley can do it, so can you.
22. “The Future Is Female.” — Time’s Up Movement
Inspiring is seeing the power of women coming to life on social media showing their femineity and letting the world know that the future is female.
23. “A dog is the only thing on Earth that loves you more than he loves himself.” — Josh Billings
Whoever said diamonds were a girl’s best friend clearly didn’t have a dog.
24. “Shine bright like a diamond.” — Rihanna
Speaking of diamonds, for those days you’re bedazzling your eye makeup or showing off some rock you got, shine girl! Shine!
25. “Growing old is mandatory, but growing up is optional.” — Walt Disney
Be fun and goofy, and remember age is just a number. If you want to rock cat ears and neon hair, do it.
26. “I’m one bad relationship away from having 30 cats.”
Taylor Swift is all of us, and the crazy cat lady theory may be correct. And if your kitties are as cute as Meredith and Olivia, they should probably take up the spotlight in your selfies.
27. “She remembered who she was and changed the game.” — Lalah Deliah
For true femme power, have a caption fitting of a woman who’s ready to take charge and looks good doing it.
28. “Sometimes the littlest things take up the most space in your heart.” — Winnie The Poo
If your little bundle of joy brings only the biggest smiles to you and your followers’ faces, it’s only fitting to show the world just how much your nugget is loved.
29. “There is nothing on this earth more to be prized than true friendship” — Thomas Aquinas
A girl’s best accessory is her best friend, and what’s a friendship without a least 1,000 selfies? We get it — work the angles and and post the best one with a caption to fit.
30. “Though she be but little, she is fierce.” — William Shakespeare
In the words of Shakespeare, never underestimate the power of a small but fierce woman.
Elizabeth Blasi is a New Yorker. A lifestyle & travel writer, who is often seen with a suitcase in hand jetsetting to her next location. But as a true Digital Nomad, her love of writing and romance novels means her laptop is always beside her.