Reach your goals (and complete your New Year’s resolutions!) this holiday season.
It’s season’s greetings and season’s goal meetings, which is why we need encouraging quotes to keep us motivated throughout the holiday season.
Winter break is coming for a lot of us, and that means the stresses of this semester will begin to melt away and we can finally unwind. The holiday season is a time when we all just want to relax, spend time with family, meet up with old friends, and pig out on big holiday meals and an endless supply of Christmas cookies.
Enjoy the fun times that come along with the holidays, but don’t wait until the new year to start bettering yourself and making a change. Start your New Year’s resolution early!
Take these next few weeks to think about what you’re thankful for and what you want to accomplish. Then, don’t just think about the things you want to accomplish, start making them happen!
Winter break is a perfect time to take on new projects that you’ve been meaning to do. You can even get a head start on your fitness goals before the swarms of people start making their way to the gym in January.
There’s a difference between relaxing a little bit and being full-on lazy. Make use of your time off and reach your goals during the holiday season so you can start off the new year better than ever! Here are 25 empowering quotes to help motivate you during the holidays and through to the New Year.
1. When you want to make an impact.
“You can never leave footprints that last if you are always walking on tiptoe.” — Leymah Gbowee
2. When you need to be reminded that it’s important to keep trying.
“The comeback is always stronger than the setback.” — Unknown
3. When you need a little push.
“Stop wishing start doing.” — Unknown
4. Sometimes, confidence is all you need.
“Believe in yourself and you will be unstoppable.” — Unknown
5. When you’re having trouble letting go of doubts.
If you don’t go after what you want, you’ll never have it. If you don’t ask, the answer is always no. If you don’t step forward, you’re always in the same place.” — Nora Roberts
6. You have to put in the work to make your dreams a reality.
“I never dreamt of success. I worked for it.” — Estée Lauder
7. Stay focused on your goal.
“Work for it more than you hope for it.” — Unknown
8. When you need to face your fears.
“Don’t fear failure. Fear being in the exact same place next year as you are today.” — Unknown
9. Plan out your life goals.
“A dream written down with a date becomes a goal. A goal broken down into steps becomes a plan. A plan backed by action becomes reality.” — Unknown
10. When you need to break out of routine.
“Old ways won’t open new doors.” — Unknown
11. When you need to stop waiting and just go for it.
“If you’re waiting for a sign, this is it.” — Unknown
12. When you need to spread your wings and fly.
“Your time as a caterpillar has expired. Your wings are ready.” — Unknown
13. Tell yourself these things everyday!
“This is the year I will be stronger, braver, kinder and unstoppable. This year I will be fierce.” — Unknown
14. Put your words to action.
“Actions prove who someone is. Words prove who they wanna be.” — Unknown
15. When you’re feeling grateful.
“An attitude of gratitude brings great things.” — Yogi Bhajan
16. When anything is possible.
“This is the beginning, of anything you want.” — Unknown
17. Be a dream chaser.
“Stand strong. Believe in yourself. Chase those dreams.” — Unknown
18. When you need a boost of confidence.
“You are powerful, beautiful, brilliant and brave.” — Unknown
19. Work towards your goals everyday.
“Ask yourself if what you’re doing today is getting you closer to where you want to be tomorrow.” — Unknown
20. When you need to show them what you’re made of.
“Don’t tell people your dreams. Show them.” — Unknown
21. When you need a reminder that it’s possible to live your dream.
“Create the life you can’t wait to wake up to.” — Josie Spinardi
22. Make everyday count.
“Do something today that your future self will thank you for.” — Unknown
23. Nobody’s perfect, just try your best.
“It’s not about perfect. It’s about effort. And when you bring that effort every single day, that’s where transformation happens. That’s how change occurs.” — Jillian Michaels
24. Know that you’re full of potential.
“A diamond is a chunk of coal that did well under pressure.” — Unknown
25. Stay consistent and work a little everyday.
“Success doesn’t come from what you do occasionally. It comes from what you do consistently.” — Unknown
If you’re looking for a little inspiration, we’ve got the best quotes to share and savor. For quotes from the most inspiring celebs, activists, and poets, look no further! You might even find the quote that motivates the best parts of your life (and love!) forever.
Lauren Margolis is a writer who covers pop culture, astrology and trending topics.