Leave a note for them with one of these quotes!
By Kate McKenna
As parents, we want nothing more than to do what we can to make our children’s first day of school as awesome as it can be. Whether it’s your child’s first day of school ever or just the first day of a new school year, starting off on a positive note is essential.
While you can’t control what happens at school, making sure they leave the house with everything they need for a great first day can have a big impact and goes beyond having the right clothes or the trendiest pair of shoes.
Motivational quotes and words of affirmation can give your kids the confidence they need to do their best, be themselves, make friends, and take on the school year. For their first day of school, try putting one or two of these motivational quotes in their lunchbox!
1. A Walt Disney quote will start them off on the right foot.
“If you can dream it, you can do it.” — Walt Disney
2. This inspiring Maya Angelou quote.
“Be a rainbow in someone else’s cloud.” — Maya Angelou
3. Confucius quotes FTW.
“Wheresoever you go, go with all your heart.” — Confucius
4. This Theodore Roosevelt quote will steer them in the right direction.
“In any moment of decision, the best thing you can do is the right thing. The worst thing you can do is nothing.” — Theodore Roosevelt
5. A Dr. Seuss quote for when you’re little one is already missing those summer days.
“Don’t cry because it’s over, smile because it happened.” — Dr. Seuss
6. This one couldn’t be truer.
“Life itself is the most wonderful fairytale.” — Hans Christian Andersen
7. Dr. Seuss just gets it.
“Why fit in when you were born to stand out?” — Dr. Seuss
8. The iconic and inspiring Wayne Gretzky quote.
“You miss 100 percent of the shots you don’t take.” — Wayne Gretzky
9. Helen Keller serves up a reminder not to let life get you down.
“When one door of happiness closes, another opens, but often we look so long at the closed door that we do not see the one that has been opened for us.” — Helen Keller
10. Ain’t it the truth.
“You become what you believe.” — Oprah Winfrey
11. Always shoot for the stars.
“Dream big and dare to fail.” — Norman Vaughan
12. Remind them that they are in charge of how they feel.
“Remember no one can make you feel inferior without your consent.” — Eleanor Roosevelt
13. This Audrey Hepburn quote is spot on.
“Nothing is impossible. The word itself says, ‘I’m possible!'” — Audrey Hepburn
14. Teamwork makes the dream work.
“If you want to lift yourself up, lift up someone else.” — Booker T. Washington
15. Lucille Ball said it before Justin Bieber.
“Love yourself first and everything else falls into line. You really have to love yourself to get anything done in this world.” — Lucille Ball
16. Of course, you need a Mother Teresa quote.
“Let us always meet each other with smile, for the smile is the beginning of love.” — Mother Teresa
17. Dare to dream.
“Every great dream begins with a dreamer. Always remember, you have within you the strength, the patience, and the passion to reach for the stars to change the world.” — Harriet Tubman
18. Know how to tell who is your real friend.
“A friend is someone who gives you total freedom to be yourself.” — Jim Morrison
19. Always live life to the fullest.
“Live in the sunshine, swim the sea, drink the wild air.” — Ralph Waldo Emerson
20. Frank Sinatra lyrics never go out of style.
“The big lesson in life, baby, is never be scared of anyone or anything.” — Frank Sinatra
21. Enough said.
“Be yourself. Everyone else is already taken.” — Oscar Wilde
22. A reminder to take life one day at a time.
“Start where you are. Use what you have. Do what you can.” — Arthur Ashe
23. Keep moving forward.
“I avoid looking forward or backward, and try to keep looking upward.” — Charlotte Brontë
24. Don’t be afraid to take chances.
“Everything you can imagine is real.” — Pablo Picasso
25. Every mistake is a chance to learn.
“Don’t worry about failure. You only have to be right once.” — Drew Houston
This article was originally published at PopSugar. Reprinted with permission from the author.