These lyrics will hit you right in the feels.
Ariana Grande had a crazy year for love, to say the least. She fell in love with Pete Davidson and got engaged all in a short amount of time, her ex, Mac Miller, died, and she broke off her aforementioned engagement. Maybe you didn’t have something that extreme happen to you last year, but we can all agree that love can be messy.
Love is full of happiness, excitement, pain and suffering all in one. The more you love someone, the more you feel and the more you can hurt.
Falling in love is a lot like gambling. You’re putting your heart on the line knowing that this could either be the greatest experience of your life or it could end in a devastating heartbreak.
Regardless of what happens, we know that love is worth it in the end. As the saying goes, “It’s better to have loved and lost than never to have loved at all.”
We learn so much from loving people and the lessons we take away from past relationships will only help you love someone even better in your future relationship.
Overall, love is a relatable topic in general because we all feel it and experience it. We may each have very different love stories, but the way we feel when we’re in love is the same. The butterflies, the laughing, the nervousness — all of it is relatable and all of it is included in Ariana Grande’s music.
She may be a celebrity, but she’s a human being like all of us, who feels the same emotions when it comes to love and loss. Many of her song lyrics are about falling for someone and you can definitely relate her words to your own love life.
Here are 20 best Ariana Grande quotes and song lyrics about love and relationships that can relate to your own love life.
1. When you end things with the one you thought you’d be with forever.
“And we almost knew what love was, but almost is never enough.” — Almost Is Never Enough
2. When you are head over heels for someone.
“I’m so into you I can barely breathe.” — Into You
3. When you wish you could have him for just one more night.
“One last time I need to be the one who takes you home.” — One Last Time
4. When he needs to show you how much he cares.
“Just a little bit of your heart is all I’m asking for.” — Just a Little Bit of Your Heart
5. When your past relationships taught you many lessons.
“One taught me love, one taught me patience and one taught me pain.” — Thank U, Next
6. When you want him to be yours.
“If you know how to be my lover maybe you can be my baby.” — Be My Baby
7. When you’re ready to be his girlfriend.
“Just as long as I’m the name on your tattooed heart.” — Tattooed Heart
8. When he distracts you from things you need to do, but you don’t mind.
“Why’d you have to be so cute. Its impossible to ignore you.” — Goodnight n Go
9. When he has your heart.
“Now all my emotions are all ’cause of you.” — Sometimes
10. When being with him makes you feel like you can take on the world.
“Somethin’ ’bout you makes me feel like a dangerous woman.” — Dangerous Woman
11. When he moves on quickly.
“How soon do we forget how we felt?” — Best Mistake
12. When you cry because you miss him so much.
“I cried enough tears to see my own reflection in them. And then it was clear I can’t deny I really miss him.” — My Everything
13. When you fell in love when you least expected to.
“What you don’t understand is falling in love wasn’t part of my plan.” — Lovin’ It
14. When he needs to put more effort into the relationship.
“‘Cause if you want to keep me, you gotta gotta gotta gotta got to love me harder.” — Love Me Harder
15. When you finally dump him.
“I got one less problem without you.” — Problem
16. When the relationship feels like a roller coaster ride.
“Break up make up total waste of time. Can we please make up our minds and stop acting like we’re blind.” — Best Mistake
17. When the break up seems so easy for him.
“Is it love when so easily said goodbye?” — Leave Me Lonely
18. When you’re officially over him.
“Ain’t got no tears left to cry.” — No Tears Left To Cry
19. When nothing else matters but loving him.
“we got that hot love, we got that ‘I don’t give a what’ love.” — Bad Decisions
20. When you get into a fight with your lover.
“I’m in love with the pain, I never want to live without it so why do I try. You drive me insane. Now we’re screaming just to see who’s louder.” — Why Try
Lauren Margolis is a writer who covers astrology, pop culture and relationship topics.